Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hot Foot malady in long distance cycling

Hot Foot can be a pain during the long brevets, I took the next step towards comfortable feet today. I hope.
Here's my shotgun approach:


  1. New Sidi Dominator 5 Mega one size larger than my old Sidis.

  2. New blue specialized insoles with the wedgie inserts. I used red in the past.

  3. New Frog cleats mounted 1 mm further aft.
Took a short test ride to check for cleat alignment, I set them up so I can't rub the crank arms when rotated heel in.
Still feel a bit funny, tomorrow I'll take a 30 mile flat ride to get used to them.

I'm trying to dial it in before CCT9 in a week. I'm going to chase a small pack of SLBs around eastern Oregon for 4 days next weekend.
In addition, I don't need any hot foot during the upcoming Glacier 1000k at the end of June. see the oregon randonneurs link here: http://www.orrandonneurs.org/sftest/2007_Glacier_Info.html

No comments: